Monday, January 31, 2011

We Could Run Away

It has been quite the day at school.  Half way into hour 10 of class / homework and I think it's time to think about something other than my senior project. Today was such just an average kind ok day, I miss the weekend.  Saturday was such a fun day.  Long run in the morning after a younglife kids bball game then to my brothers house to goof around on skateboards and roller blades out in the street all afternoon... O man those are of the best memories, just having a hood rat day with the Bubs.  As much I love Corvallis and everyone, it's good to get out into the forest and go for a run and pretend I'm in another state or in the middle of some 50k race in Europe.  Such a good time to let my mind and body just do their thing, wander and run, respectively.  Here are my mile post thoughts I think I would share:

Mile 1:  "Why do I ever run anywhere but here?  Perfect trails and open forest, doesn't even fell like a run yet.  If I make a blog about this I wonder which song I would use."

Mile 2: "... She was pretty cute.  Good to see a girl running somewhere other than a gym... and at a good pace too.  Granted she just came down the mile of downhill I'm about to go up, time to start sweating."

Mile 3: "If it was any warmer I'd jump into the logging pond, this is rough going though, can't wait to mile 5 or 6 when I get into the groove and this gets fun."

Mile 4: "This section of uphill is a lot steeper than I remember.  Alright, here we go, head up, hips forward."

Mile 5: "Now that was a Climb, I don't think I've had downhill since mile 2... time to coast."

Mile 6: "Wow what a view, for sure the next hike I take Katie on."

Mile 7: "Ok now the downhill is gettin to my knees, please don't be injured tomorrow body."

Mile 8: "Nice, a sign of civilization and I think the parking lot.  This run is just getting good though, dang."

Mile 9: "69 minutes, I'll call that 9, what an amazing day. Time for a kick it day with Cah, hope my keys are still on my car tire... yep!"

Sometimes I wonder how far I could last if I literally ran away.  Small pack, shoes and no roads allowed, that would be an experience.  I think I'll go home now.

"We Could Run Away
And Be On Our Own Again"

The Son of Man has no place to lay his head.
Matt 8:20

____
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment