Saturday, February 26, 2011

He Who Feeds The Ravens

This morning I'm sitting at home listening to some Josh White and loving how the morning has begun.  Its not even 10 and I have been up for 3 hours just kickin it and reading.  Last night was the guys group Mancation and Kenneth and Brad spent the night at my place so I was up early to see them off to their PE Teacher conference, wish I could have gone with them to see such a thing but while I thought it was funny they said describing it as funny would be a stretch considering how worthless they seem haha.  Blazers won last night so that made the Mancation that much better and Brett and I spent our quite time in his room which was solid considering how little we talk for how good of friends we are.  It became obvious to me last night that my life is not what it used to be.  Mancations used to be late nights of swords tournaments, wrestling that usually ended with an epic tap-out match between two of the best wrestlers there (never me), and endless goofin off and catchin up.  Obviously the group of guys has changed almost 100% from what it used to be.  Along with that, it being at Beau's house didn't feel like a real escape because I hang out there so much during the summer and being there with people just felt like any summer or weekend night with the boys.  For what it was it was a great night.  Being up late the night before and having a hellish week lead to a lack of energy for the usual Mancation activities of my youth and instead I appreciating the time to just be alone with God. 

So much of my life is spend doing something and that time spent doing nothing is needed.  I love having a plan and knowing exactly what I'm going to be doing all day, and it's killing me.  So last night as I layed on Brett's bedroom's floor and listened to Brett drift in and out of sleep by judging his breathing patterns I decided that instead of focusing on only the efficient way to live my life and serve God I also need to work on being effective in my walk with the Lord, which doesn't always mean being efficient.  I am so excited for my trip to Greece to be just that.  The only learning and structure and schedule I will have won't be related to school or any other business I have in my life now.  I am very ready to be done with school and the other day as I wandered the career fair and talked with a few companies I began to think I'm ready to be done with Engineering, at least for a little while.  Spending the summer doing something else with my life is something I'm so stoked for.  After that I hope an enthusiasm is lit in me again to work because there were a few companies I was very interested in and could really see myself enjoying.  I am really going to miss college, it was a great experience and the next 2 and half weeks will be quite a ride, both finishing my work and enjoy my last's.  Last guys group, last early bird special bible study, last classes, last bike ride to and from campus, last dance class, last time hangin out at katie's, last time cruisin by my brothers place to hang, last tests, last workout at Dixon, last run through my favorite Corvallis trails.  Last drive home from Corvallis, now that will be something.  I realize I very well could do some of these things again in my life but never again will it be the same.

The song He Who Feeds the Ravens has been on repeat while writing this and it is giving me such encouragement that as I leave college with bigger plans and desires than just a paycheck He will provide for me.  I felt this assurance this past week at the career fair and it is a great place to be.  I can't wait to be surprised by God.

"He who feeds the ravens
will give His children bread"

The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind.
Psalm 146:7-8

____
Brad

1 comment:

  1. The thought and the realization of everything in our time spent here in Corvallis coming to an end is terrifying and almost surreal. But when I think about what's to come I get that much more excited! Brad I am so excited about your life and what is to come for you. Finishing college, traveling around in a boat in Greece, getting to be a WORK CREW BOSS!! HELLO! Love that! I hope that you are doing better, you seemed down this week :( and know and trust in what God has for you. I know it's weird but I get way more excited about my friends lives than my own, and to think I met you what 5 months ago?! I'm gonna miss you friend so you better keep writing so I know what's going on in your life! Just be strong in the Lord cause you're on your way to do great things. This I already know :) and NEVER stop dancing and spinning that gorgeous girl of yours on the floor, love you guys so much! Thanks for being great
    Romans 8:28
    ~Jillian

    ReplyDelete