Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just Like You

Well, here is to trying something new.  A friend of mine said she only uses blogs when she's feeling creative, that it's more of getting something off your mind than having the people actually read it kind of thing.  I can see that, and to think about how many blogs there are in the world I doubt many of them get read at all.  That being said I doubt I'll post to much on here, either because I'll forget about it and be to busy living my life than writing about it, or maybe I'll hate the thought of spending time on something that I know nobody will read,  that would be an inefficient way to spend my time and who knows, I might just be that shallow.  I'd like to think there is more to me than the engineer that Oregon State has so carefully groomed me to be.  I know there is but doubt he will have his coming out party via google blogs haha.

Right now I'm sitting in my living room debating going on a run and listening to Just Like You by Keb Mo, and of course writing my first blog.  With only one more term of school left there is sure going to be some change in my life in the next 6 months.  A year from now I'll probably have a job and a nice assortment of ties in my closet and I just can't think about that right now, so we'll stick to the six month horizon.  Wherever I may be in life 6 months from now I'm sure of only two things really,  I'll have grown and experienced some awesome things, but I'll also feel the same about life as I do right now.  Five years of college flew by and I sure have experienced some things and grown but I still have such a thirst for adventure and desire to be pursued by the Lord and live abandoned to His kingdom.  So future self, you may be the only person that reads this and I hope you made the most of your last term of college.  Keep growing your friendships cause you know some amazing people and you won't get to be around such a great group of people much longer or ever again in your life, seek His truth and stretch yourself.  I hope graduating school and traveling this summer satisfies some of this adventurous thirst you had and still will have.  I want to do so many things with my life and have so much more adventure than I currently do so I also hope you found some contentment, while still growing in optimism and passion in life.  Future self, I have a feeling I'll be just like you.

Well that's enough wasted time for now and it stopped raining, off for a run.

____
Brad

1 comment:

  1. 1) I am so proud of you for starting this, whether or not you have the intention of actually writing consistently or not. 2) No name was actually dropped but I for sure know who you were talking about in the first part of your blog! Excited about that. 3) There is more to you than just being a well groomed engineer. Alot more 4) Here is to many more blogs from Brad Petersen!

    ReplyDelete